Directions to the MacKay Branch
(See directions to Main Library)
Anna C. MacKay Branch
43 Newfield Street
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
From I-495 South & I-495 North
- Take Exit 35 B toward Nashua, Route 3 North.
- Take Exit 32 (Drum Hill).
- Take 2nd right, Rtes. 3A & 4, Lowell & North Chelmsford.
- Travel 1 mile and go through two sets of lights.
- Travel 1.5 miles to Vinal Square(on right).
- Go left onto Shaw Street.
- Go 1 block up and library is on the left.
If you know where Vinal Square is
- Take Route 3 North exit and proceed as above.
Coming from Route 3/Drum Hill
- Turn at the North Congregational Church onto Shaw Street.
- Go up a block and MacKay is on the left on the corner of Shaw, Newfield and Mansur Streets.
From West Chelmsford/Westford
- Follow Route 4 North toward Nashua and North Chelmsford (this turns into Princeton Street)
- Go past Mahoney's Garden Center
- Go past Bainbridges at The Mill
- Go past the fire station
- Take a left at the North Congregational Church just before you enter Vinal Square.
- Go up a block. MacKay is on the left on the corner of Shaw, Newfield and Mansur Streets.
From Middlesex Street / Lowell
- Take either Main street or Groton Road (Route 40) toward Vinal Square.
- After passing Freeman Lake and the Senior Center watch for Newfield Street on the right. (There should be a blue and white sign with the library logo.)
- Take Newfield St. several blocks to Library at 43 Newfield, a white building with black shutters and on the right.
- After you pass Kennedy St. (the road to the post office) watch on your left for Wright Street (it runs along the common).
- Take Wright St. and go right onto Princeton St.
- Take an immediate left at the North Congregational Church.
- Go up one block.
- MacKay Branch is on the left at the corner of Shaw, Newfield and Mansur Streets.