Highlighted Features of the New Library Catalog
One of the advantages of the new Evergreen catalog is that it is built on open source software - that is, software that we have the ability to modify and develop, according to our needs.
When the new catalog launches on Tuesday, May 31st, that won't be the end of the story. There will be some new features included in the new catalog that we're excited about, but there are even more features scheduled for development this summer.
And the best part is that additional improvements are always in development - so if there is something you'd like the catalog to do, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling the Reference Desk at 978-256-5521 x211.
New Catalog Features Available On Tuesday, May 31st
- Expanded search tools, including the ability to limit to just fiction or non-fiction, by age range, and more
- New "Did you mean...?" search suggestions, for searches with few or no results
- Enhanced content for each book, including "if you liked this, you might also like" suggestions, series listings, similar author suggestions, reviews, excerpts, previews, and more (all from a variety of sources, conveniently gathered and presented in the catalog)
- Customizable control of your account preferences, including saving which libraries you like to search, custom login passwords and usernames, options for hold notifications, and more
- Ability to create multiple "bookbags" (previously called "My List"), and the ability to share your bookbags with others
- RSS feeds for searches, so you can be notified when new items are added
"Coming Attractions" Launching Later This Year
- Improvements to the overall design of the catalog
- A version of the catalog that is mobile device-friendly
- Ability to edit more of your contact information, including street and email addresses
- An opt-in reading history, so you can track the books you've read and movies you've seen (or anything you've checked out)
- Plus more!
If you have any questions about the new catalog, any of these features, or suggestions for additional new features, let us know!
Tags: catalog, chelmsford, evergreen, features, launch, library, migration, new, public
Thursday, May 26th, 2011 at 12:30 pm and is filed under Library Information.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply